During Junior High and High School, we prepare students for Confirmation. Confirmation takes place during a visit from one of our Bishops in the Diocese of Virginia and marks the moment when a young person makes an affirmation of his or her faith.
Jesus calls us to love God and love our neighbor. We try to answer these two calls together as a community of youth and young adults at St. Thomas. Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Serving as a Worship Leader – Acolyte, Usher, Lector, Altar Guild, Flower Guild
- Conducting intergenerational “Faith interviews” with adult members of the congregation
- Visiting Shrine Mont Camp with our church family to hike and pray and learn
- Unloading pumpkins for our Pumpkin Patch which benefits three different charities
- Taking on leadership roles during our Christmas Pageant
- Preparing “Exam Survival Kits” filled with goodies for our college students. (We also prepare an extra kit for our students to give away to someone they know in college who rarely receives support.
- Storytelling at Easter Vigil
- Preaching and Leading Worship on Youth Sunday
- Attending a celebratory brunch for graduating and rising high school seniors with the entire congregation
- Coordinating with the Outreach Committee to support service projects locally, nationally and internationally.
- Serving during the Annual North Fairfax Region Mission Trip to Appalachia