Beth’s Peanut Butter Cookies
From Pat Smith
- 1 cup shortening
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups sifted flour
- Beat shortening and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add peanut butter and mix thoroughly.
- Mix dry salt, soda and flour ingredients together, then add to cookie mixture and stir until totally mixed.
- Drop by spoons-full on greased baking sheet; flatten by crisscrossing top with a fork (helpful to dip the fork in water after crisscrossing several cookies).
- Bake at 350° for 16 minutes, until edges are turning slightly brown.