Youth and Family Activities
Easter Egg Hunts: Each year St. Thomas host a couple of Easter Egg hunts for the children to enjoy. We try our best to offer one on the weekend and another during the week in order to accommodate the busy lives of our families.
Rock Climbing: Go rock climbing at a local gym called Vertical Rock. It is fun for all ages that helps us grow closer and develop out team and communicating skills.
Christmas Pageant: Joyful carols, twinkling lights, fun costumes, heartwarming festive spirit and the timeless nativity tale, uniting community in celebration of love, hope, and goodwill.
Shrine Mont Youth Retreat: In the beauty of the Shenandoah Valley, we play together and grow in our faith, while engaging in exciting activities that build our friendships and spiritual lives.
Monster Mash: On the last Saturday in October, we gather for a fun night of spooky food, games, and costumes!
Game Nights: Strategy games. Games that make you laugh. Word Games. (Even games for people who don’t like
board games.) Video Game Tournaments. Bring Your Favorite Games and Have A Good Time!
Outreach Opportunities: Mission and Outreach are very important ways for St. Thomas children and youth to share Christ’s love. We provide outreach opportunities throughout the year that help our youth to engage with the local community. These opportunities include:
- Packing backpacks with school supplies for local students in Second Story’s community program
- Helping at our yearly Pumpkin Patch, where we sell pumpkins for charity
- Collecting food, clothing, and personal items for Share (our local food and clothing pantry)
- Making Thanksgiving bags for Second Story in the Community families
- Making meals for the Hypothermia Homeless Shelter in December
- Making Valentine’s Day cards for people experiencing homelessness
- Preparing lunches for underserved children in Fairfax County
If you have any questions, please contact Rev. Will Drosos.
The Episcopal Church requires background checks and Praesidium Academy’s Safe Church, Safe Communities training for all staff and volunteers who work with children.