Time, Talent, and Treasure
When we think of Stewardship at St. Thomas, we think about it in terms of three categories. There’s the obvious category of financial stewardship. Members of our congregation make a financial pledge each year to support the mission and ministry of our church.
But, there are two other ways that members of our congregation give. Each member of our church lends their time and talents to the life of our congregation. How do they do that? There are so many ways our members share their gifts with us. Here are a few of them:
- The beauty of our worship is enhanced through the ministries of the Flower Guild (who arranges beautiful flowers each week to decorate our sanctuary, our entryway, and others focal areas of our building) and the Altar Guild (who prepares the altar and vessels for worship.
- Lectors read the lessons heard in worship.
- Coffee Hour hosts bring food to share for our time of fellowship after church each week.
- Members of Men Eating Breakfast take the lead on events like Grill Nights and the Shrove Tuesday pancake supper.
- Those who serve on Vestry share the fiscal oversight for the life of our congregation.
- Eucharistic Visitors bring communion to home-bound members.
- Sunday School teachers and volunteers assist in the faith formation of the children and youth in our congregation.
There truly are many ways to serve that fit a variety of interests and personalities! We hope you’ll find an area to serve and join us in making St. Thomas the warm and faith-filled congregation God calls us to be! To find out how to help, contact our Rector.