Pedro’s Special Casserole (serves 3-4)
From Pat Smith
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- A little oil for browning
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/3 can tomato juice, consommé or water (1/3-½ cup?)
- 1-lb. can kidney or chili beans, with liquid
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 bag of corn chips
- Chopped lettuce and chopped onion for garnish
- Brown together in a skillet, using a little oil, the ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato juice/consommé/water, oregano and chili powder.
- Grease a casserole dish and alternate layers of: Meat mixture, Beans, and Corn chips
- Bake covered at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Cook uncovered for 10 more minutes.
- Strew the top of the casserole with the chopped lettuce and chopped onion before serving.